Hello Alfa lovers in Italy

alfabertone

Hello Alfa lovers in Italy

Messaggioda alfabertone » 27 gen 2016 19:29:19

Hi, my name is Arthur Ackema and I like to introduce myself.
First of all my Italian is very poor. That's why this introduction is in English.
I have a Gt 1600 Junior from 1973. Bought it in 1986 and driving it from 1991.
It is a right hand drive which is very uncommon in the Netherlands. It has been imported in 1976 and sadly there's no further information available.
For more than 25 years I'm a member of the Dutch 'Register Giulia Bertone' and since 5 years I'm the co-editor of their bi-annual magazine 'Het Bertone Bulletin'.
In 1994 I've visited the Alfa Romeo museum and met Elvira Ruocco of the Archivio Storico. On the Saturday before this visit I got a chance to get myself into the museums GTAm even when the factory was closed, you can see my car in the background. I had to leave my wife with the guards at the front gate but she accepted
Page-4.jpg
For our club magazine I'm always searching for exclussive pictures. Like now I'm desperate to get information about the Giulia Sprint GTV, for example from the introduction at Geneva 1966. It is 50 years ago.
In previous bulletins I've written about the Sprint GT and the GTC. I know the GTA is also 50 years old but there is already so much written about it that I hardly paid attention to it. I have a lot of magazines with article about the Giulia Coupe and willing to help everyone. I don't know if some of have the second edition of Julien Lombards French Giulia GT book but if you do you'll find a lot of old advertisement coming from me.
Feel free to send me a pm. And again sorry for not speaking or writing Italian. One week a year skiing around the Sella Ronda is not enough to learn the language.
At last take a look at http://www.bertoneregister.nl (sadly only in dutch for now)
Non hai i permessi necessari per visualizzare i file allegati in questo messaggio.

Andrea78

Re: Hello Alfa lovers in Italy

Messaggioda Andrea78 » 27 gen 2016 23:22:53

Ciao Arthur, wellcome!
The picture you've posted seems to be taken in Alfa Museum basements, you have been one of the lucky ones!
I hope you will find the pictures you are looking for, in our forum are available many unseen or unusual picture from those beautiful past days!!

Enjoy your stay and who knows... see you soon!!

Ciao

zufe

Messaggioda zufe » 28 gen 2016 08:46:21

Ciao Arthur and welcome!
Probably you will find some pictures interesting for your collection but, anyway, we do hope you will leave some imagines of common beloved Alfa.
Enjoy our forum and don't worry about your poor Italian... as many Italian citizen don't speak well neither in Italian neither in English!
Ciao, Zufe

rossogamba
Contatta:

Messaggioda rossogamba » 28 gen 2016 10:03:05

NETHERLANDS, LAND OF ALFAS :D :D :D

Ciao Arthur, welcome.
I have only the first edition of the book of Julien Lombard; a good reason to buy the second edition, however, in our forum you will find much archive material very interesting. Many congratulations for your RHD GT Junior and we wait some pictures of it.

Ciao
Daniele

http://rossogamba.webnode.com/

Sacha
Contatta:

Messaggioda Sacha » 28 gen 2016 10:50:19

Good Morning Arthur and welcome. As already mentioned if you go through the posts you should find plenty of photos that our friends have kindly posted. Feel free to share anything you might have. Congratulations on your GT which is presumably ex UK?? I have a Super which is ex NL! (I got it from Charlotte 105 register).

Ciao
Sacha UK
www.giuliasuper.com

masi&angi
Contatta:

Messaggioda masi&angi » 28 gen 2016 12:07:02

Ciao Arthur, welcome.

bubbo

Messaggioda bubbo » 28 gen 2016 14:36:16

Ciao Arthur, sono stato in Olanda nel 2012 ospite dello SCARAB al circuito di Assen, guidavo una Giulia polizia. Benvenuto.

giuliasuper69

Messaggioda giuliasuper69 » 28 gen 2016 15:59:41

That's a very nice presentation.Welcome on board Arthur.I love The Netherlands and not only for the Alfa Romeo...
In my opinion it's one of the most civilized countries in the world.Congratulation on your Gt.
Ciao
Giorgio

alfabertone

Messaggioda alfabertone » 28 gen 2016 17:43:24

Here it is.
It is not the best and I'm aware of it but who can say he is driving it for 25 year already without cosmetic work.
20130915_2926-2.jpg

@ Andrea78. You are totally right. The GTAm stood in the basement of the museum on a Saturday morning when the factory was closed. It just returned from a testrun, beiing towed by a 33 :oops: , one of the guards at the front gate hopped with me into my car and we followed the guys to the basement.
So sadly I could only sit in the car without driving it. Still a nice experience.

@ Rossogamba. I will put some pictures of Julien Lombards 2nd edition book presentation in Paris in 'Brochures e Pubblicazioni'
Non hai i permessi necessari per visualizzare i file allegati in questo messaggio.

Sandrino

Messaggioda Sandrino » 29 gen 2016 21:16:57

Ciao Arthur, honored to meet you! Congratulations on your car and have fun here on the forum! :P

Sandrino

I_Giulia

Messaggioda I_Giulia » 09 feb 2016 19:33:43

I'm happy a new Alfaholic joins the Forum!

Your Gt seems very beautiful: which refurbishments are needed?

See you soon.

Torna a “PRESENTAZIONI”